COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information is collected from our users at several different points during your visit to the Site.
- Registration. To use some resources available on our Site, a user must complete our registration process. During registration, a user is required to provide certain categories of information, which may include a name, address, e-mail address, and a password.
- Optional Information. At various other points during your visit to Vredenheim Wildlife & Winery, you may be asked to provide information about yourself. For example, you may wish to participate in a survey or a contest. Participation in surveys or contests or the use of other services which require the input of additional information is completely voluntary on your part, and you have the choice about whether to disclose the information necessary to use these features of our site.
- Passive Collection of Information. In addition to the information which you actively provide to Vredenheim Wildlife & Winery by methods such as completing the registration form, Vredenheim Wildlife & Winery collects information about how you interact with our site. Vredenheim Wildlife & Winery collects passive information for purposes such as testing and improving a user’s experience at the site and the compilation of broad aggregate demographic data and related usage information for internal purposes and for disclosure to third parties such as advertisers and content partners. The types of passive information collected by this site include, without limitation, your IP address, which type of browser you are using, where you go on our site, and how long you stay on any part of our site.
- Cookies. When you visit the Site, we may send one or more cookies – a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser. We use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser help file directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of the Site may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
- Collection of Information from Children. Vredenheim Wildlife & Winery abides by federal law and the guidelines set up by the Federal Trade Commission regarding youth privacy (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act). As such, Vredenheim Wildlife & Winery will not knowingly collect any personal information from or allow the registration of young people under the age of 13. Sites for wine typically are age 18
USE OF INFORMATION
- Vredenheim Wildlife & Winery may use your information in order to customize our site to your interests and enhance your overall experience at our site. Vredenheim Wildlife & Winery tries to recognize you using various methods, including having you log in with your user name and your password. Once Vredenheim Wildlife & Winery recognizes you, pages, advertisements and other content may be customized for you so that you can see what interests you the most. In addition, as described above, Vredenheim Wildlife & Winery utilizes passive information to learn more about how you interact with our site. This passive information may be combined with your other information for purposes such as testing and improving your experience at our site and the compilation of broad aggregate demographic data and related usage information for internal purposes and for disclosure to third parties such as advertisers and content partners. This aggregate passive information does not contain any personal information which can identify any individual user.
- Access to your Personal Information. You have a right to access, modify, correct and request that Vredenheim Wildlife & Winery internally delete any Personal Information provided to or obtained by Vredenheim Wildlife & Winery. If you update, modify or correct any Personal Information, we may keep copies of your Personal Information prior to such update, modification or correction for uses provided for in this Policy. You may update, modify or correct your Personal Information via your account Preferences. Alternatively, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for updates, modifications and corrections to your Personal Information, or to request access to your Personal Information.
- Retention Of Your Personal Information. You may request internal deletion of your Personal Information at any time by contacting Vredenheim Wildlife & Winery in the manner provided on Vredenheim Wildlife & Winery. Vredenheim Wildlife & Winery will endeavor to respond to your request in a timely manner. Please note, however that Personal Information you have published on Facebook or other social channels may remain available even if you request that such information be internally deleted by Vredenheim Wildlife & Winery. Once a request to delete a Vredenheim Wildlife & Winery user’s Personal Information is received, it will be removed from our servers within 60 days. You may contact email@example.com to delete your account.
- Protection of Your Personal Information. Any Personal Information that you provide to Vredenheim Wildlife & Winery will be protected in a commercially reasonable manner.
- Notice of Breach of Security. In the event of a security breach that affects you Vredenheim Wildlife & Winery will notify you as soon as possible on both the nature of the breach and the actions taken to address it.
CONTACTING YOU BY E-MAIL
Vredenheim Wildlife & Winery may use your contact information periodically in order to send you e-mail regarding updates to Vredenheim Wildlife & Winery and to alert you or remind you of happenings on the Site. The frequency of these messages will vary depending upon various factors.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
From time to time, Vredenheim Wildlife & Winery may decide that it is more efficient to use third parties to perform specific services, such as sending communications to Vredenheim Wildlife & Winery’s users. If we use a third party to provide specific services (such as sending communications to our users on our behalf), then information (such as contact information) may be shared with that party to the extent necessary for the third party to provide these services. These third party service providers are only allowed to use personally identifiable information for the purpose of providing the specific services requested by Vredenheim Wildlife & Winery. The third party services covered by this paragraph do not include links to third party sites found on our site, which are governed by a more specific provision below.
While Vredenheim Wildlife & Winery strives to protect the personal information of our users, Vredenheim Wildlife & Winery will release personal information if required by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary or appropriate.
Vredenheim Wildlife & Winery has security measures in place to help protect against the loss, misuse and/or unauthorized alteration of the information under our control. You are the only user authorized to update your profile, unless you provide your password information to another party.
Vredenheim Wildlife & Winery helps protect personally identifiable information by utilizing both online and offline security methods, including firewalls, passwords and restricted physical access to the places where your information is stored. Our staff is trained to comply with our security procedures, and our security procedures are regularly reviewed and revised, if necessary, by the Privacy team at Vredenheim Wildlife & Winery.
If you have any questions about security issues at our site, please use our contact form and we will try to answer your questions.
- In the event that Vredenheim Wildlife & Winery sells, assigns or transfers some or all of its business to a successor or acquirer, Vredenheim Wildlife & Winery may sell, assign or transfer all of your information, regardless of your opt status, to such successor or acquirer.
- The State of CA enacted the Shine the Light law (CA Civil Code Sec 198.83) that permits users of Vredenheim Wildlife & Winery, Inc.’s Site who are CA residents to request certain information regarding its disclosure of personal information during the past year for marketing purposes. To make such a request, you can use our contact form.
Your privacy is important to Vredenheim Wildlife & Winery. If you have questions about any of the provisions described above, please contact us using our contact form.